Who is eligible?
- You are registered in the population register of the city of Antwerp.
- You are over 65 years old.
- You must present a medical certificate for the over-65s, less mobile, clearly completed, dated, signed and stamped by a doctor, showing that you score 2 or higher on the KATZ scale for the criterion ‘Transfer and displacements’ as described in the decree on rest homes and service flats, or which shows that you were prescribed a rehabilitation period of at least 1 month – a maximum of 6 months, possibly extendable to a maximum of 12 months, following a medical intervention. For more info: The Katz scale in home nursing.
- You have an income that is no more than twice the living wage.
Where and how can you purchase taxi checks?
- In the district houses and city offices.
- Bring one of the aforementioned certificates, your identity card and your most recent assessment notice (year X-1, where X is the year of the application, so income X-2) of the personal income tax.
You can also be represented. Please note that the representative must be able to present a legible power of attorney, signed and dated by you, in addition to his / her identity card.
How do you use the taxi checks and how are they checked?
- Meet with a taxi company. You will find the list of companies authorized to accept taxi checks on the back of the check.
- Present your identity card and taxi check (s) to the taxi driver. The taxi driver checks whether your identity card details match the information on the taxi check (s) .The taxi checks may not have the same serial number.
How long are the taxi checks valid?
- The checks are valid during the year of issue.
- The checks can be used up to and including 31 December of the issue year.
- Taxi companies that invoice the customer afterwards inform the customer how many taxi checks he must keep for the December payment.
Agreements and restrictions
- Each check has a unique number.
- You pay half the value of the taxi checks.
- You are entitled to a maximum of 12 checks per month.
- You pay the difference if the price of your taxi ride is higher than the value of the offered taxi checks.
- The taxi driver may not refund the difference if the price of the ride is lower than the offered taxi check (s).
- You can only use these taxi checks for trips that you make, alone or with guidance.
- It is forbidden to exchange taxi checks for cash or to spend them in any other way than for the payment of a taxi ride.
- You cannot exchange unused taxi checks for new checks the following year.
Can these taxi checks for (temporarily) less mobile over-65’s be combined with those for people with a disability?
You cannot cumulate the taxi checks for less mobile or temporarily less mobile over 65s with the upright taxi checks for people with a disability. You can only apply for one type of taxi voucher.
When are taxi checks refunded?
- When moving to another municipality.
- In the event of death.
- If you are no longer able to use taxi checks for medical reasons, you must prove this with a clearly legible and signed medical certificate from your doctor. This proof must be submitted to your district house or city office no later than two months after the event.
- Lost, damaged or stolen taxi checks will not be refunded or replaced.
What are the consequences of non-compliance with the provisions of these regulations?
If you fail to comply with the provisions of these regulations, you will lose all rights and benefits associated with taxi checks for people with disabilities.